Portuguese as a Foreign Language – Extensive
This course, structured didactically in activities that assure grammatical, socio-linguistic, discursive and strategic competences, allow the foreigner to communicate effective and efficiently in Portuguese Language.
At the enrolment, the student passes through an interview to evaluate their knowledge of Portuguese Language and is indicated one of the four modules offered. At the end of each module, the student receives a certificate of conclusion, in case he has, at least, 75% of attendance of the total workload.
Applications go until April, 29th, 2010, at the Office of International Affairs at the Coração Eucarístico campus, at Av. Dom José Gaspar, 500, building 43, 6th floor, Bairro Coração Eucarístico, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais. Opening hours are from Monday to Friday, 8h30am to 5h30pm.
The registered student will be submitted to an interview to evaluate his acknowledgements of Portuguese language and then routed to one of the modules. At the end of each module a certificate will be issued to the student once 75% of attendance is obtained.
PUC Minas will receive applications until April 29th.
Instructions to local application:
Office of International Affairs - Campus Coração Eucarístico
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday, 8h30am to 5h30pm.
Address: Av. Dom José Gaspar, 500, prédio 43, 6º andar, Coração Eucarístico. Belo Horizonte – MG
- Filled Application Form (available at the Office of International Affairs website),
- Passport copy,
- Address proof,
- Address proof copy.
Attention: The Application Form and all other documents can also be sent by email or fax: email@example.com / +55 31 3319-4394
• The documents received by the Office won’t be returned to the applicants;
• The course will happen at PUC Minas, Unidade Praça da Liberdade, which will provide the required estructure to the classes development;
• It will not be allowed the participation of listeners;
• All students must have the same level (be in the same module), or close, of acquaintance of the Posrtuguese language, so they can be in the same class;
• The leveling interview of the student is scheduled for April 30th 2010. The student must be at Secretaria do Instituto de Educação Continuada (IEC) PUC Minas, Unidade da Praça da Liberdade, at 2pm of the same day to do the interview;
• To receive the certificate, the students must have na attendance of at least 75% of the course;
• PUC Minas takes the right of canceling any course in case the number of registered students is under 7 (seven) per class;
• Open application through form available at www.pucminas.br/sri or www.iec.pucminas.br.
Info: +55 31 3319-4245
+55 31 3269-3259
Foreigners that develop diverse activities in Brazil as academics, business-people or services providers.
Provide the foreign student with conditions to express oneself in the written and spoken Portuguese, in a way to reach a level of communicative competence that allow the real integration in the social, cultural and professional areas.
The student develops immediate competences in Portuguese language, in order to be able to communicate in the daily life. The intensive course includes basic grammar notions, as the alphabet, numerals, regular verbs in the indicative form of the present, differences between the verbs ser e estar, pronouns, articles, genders, plurals and basic phonetics, among others.
Deepening of communicative competences in Portuguese Language, emphasizing the social and at work approaching reading, writing a comprehension of simple mails, as memos, faxes and e-mails. Refining of basic grammatical aspects of the Portuguese Language.
More elaborated Portuguese language expressions are treated, capacitating the student to read newspaper, magazines and for the interaction with multimedia resources. Emphasis in workplace and social gathering linguistic situations. Intermediate grammatical aspects are reinforced, as adjectives, possessive pronouns, interrogative and negative forms and the verbs ter, poder, querer e haver, dentre outros.
Develops discursive abilities in students that have a broader knowledge of Portuguese Language, offering them resources so that they can recognise the level of formality and informality in their interlocutors. The oral and written production is stimulated, so it can favour their integration in the social, professional and cultural Brazilian context.
From May 4th to July 8th, 2010.
Enrollment: Until April 29th, 2010
Interviews: April 30th – starting 2pm – PUC Minas – Praça da Liberdade.
Workload: 64 hours (11 weeks)
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday in the afternoon.
Investment: R$ 1.260,00 + course material or 3 payments of R$420,00, each module + course material.
Venue: IEC PUC Minas at Praça da Liberdade
Address: Av. Brasil, 2023, Praça da Liberdade
Belo Horizonte – MG
+ 55 (31) 3319-4245 and + 55 (31) 3269-3259
Alexandre Veloso de Abreu
PhD in Portuguese Language Literature